- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling
- Effort: easy
- 500 g ready made puff pastry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, plus 1 yolk to glaze
- 60 ml double cream
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 1 pinches grated nutmeg
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salad leaves, to serve
1. On a floured surface, roll the pastry until it is 3mm thick. Cut out a circle about 35cm in diameter. Transfer to a lightly floured baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
2. While the pastry is chilling, preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and cream together, then mix in the ricotta, feta and parmesan cheese. Season with the nutmeg, plus some salt and pepper.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture onto the centre of the pastry, leaving a 5cm border around the outside. Using your hand, lift and push the border over the edge of the filling.
4. Arrange the tomatoes over the filling. Brush the pastry with beaten egg yolk and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
5. Sprinkle the tart with chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper before serving with salad leaves.
Love making recipes like this? Take a look at lots more of our easy Bill Granger recipes.
Rate This Recipe