- Serves: 4-5
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 375 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 g butter, softened
- 40 ml water
- 2 medium eggs, beaten in separate bowls
For the flavourings:
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 40 g gruyère cheese
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
1. Put the flour, salt, butter, water and 1 beaten egg into a bowl and mix well for 5 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into three pieces. Add the poppy seeds to one, the Gruyere to the second, and the caraway seeds to the third. Wrap each piece in cling film and chill for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm thick. Using a round cutter, cut out the dough. Put the biscuits on the baking tray and brush with the remaining beaten egg.
4. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown, and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe