- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g ogleshield cheese, chopped into large chunks including the rind
- 500 g ardrahan cheese, chopped into large chunks including the rind
- 500 ml dry cider
- sourdough bread, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp plain flour, OR
- 1 tbsp cornflour
1. Add the cider to a saucepan and heat, allowing a little of the alcohol to burn off.
2. Slowly add the cheese to the hot cider. Add a5-6 chunks at a time, whisking as you add them until they melt completely.
3. As the cheese pieces melt, add the next batch, continuously whisking.
4. Once you have melted all the cheese you may need to thicken the mixture slightly. If so, add the flour or cornflour to thicken. Stir for a further 5 minutes over the heat until the flour is fully mixed through.
5. Serve with chunks of sourdough to dip into the cheese fondue.
Rate This Recipe