- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 100 g jarlsburg cheese
- 100 g gruyère cheese
- 100 g vacherin
- small glass of kirsch
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 day old baguettes, cut into bite sized pieces, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
You can use any cheese that has a good melting consistency but you really do need a fondue set for this recipe, as it's important to keep the cheese at simmering point to stop it from hardening.
1. Put a little of the white wine into the fondue pan.
2. Add the smashed garlic clove and simmer for a few seconds.
3. Gradually add handfuls of the three cheeses, stirring all the time until all the cheese is incorporated.
4. Mix the cornflour with the remaining wine and add to the cheese mixture, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
5. Finally add the glass of Kirsch.
6. Keep the cheese at a very gentle simmer in the fondue dish and eat with the baguette pieces.
Rate This Recipe