- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp potato starch, cornflour or arrowroot
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 560 g various swiss cheese
- 60 ml kirsch
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- large cubes good quality bread
- selection of fresh vegetable crudités of your choice
1. Smear the garlic around the inside of the fondue pot and drop the bits into the base.
2. Dissolve the arrowroot in a little of the kirsch and reserve. Make sure your guests are ready to start dipping.
3. Add the wine and the cheese to the fondue pot and stir over a moderate heat until all the cheese has melted.
4. Pour in the arrowroot mixture and add the remaining kirsch, stirring constantly.
5. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and grated nutmeg to taste, then carry over to the table and place immediately over the fondue burner. Eat immediately with chunks of bread and vegetable crudités.
Rate This Recipe