- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small stale crusty bread roll
- 55 ml milk
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 100 g gloucestershire cheese, grated
- 100 g butter, melted
- ½ tsp English mustard
- black pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Lightly butter 4 ramekins.
2. Crumble the stale roll into a bowl. Heat the milk until boiling and pour it over the roll. Leave until the bread has soaked up the milk well. Strain the excess milk away.
3. Put the bread, cheeses, butter, mustard and seasoning into a mortar or bowl and pound well together.
4. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and fold in to the bread mixture. Turn the mixture into the ramekins and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe