- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the rissoles
- 3 large Maris Piper potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 raw Maris Piper potato, squeezed dry and grated
- 1 onion, sliced and fried until soft
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g Mrs Kirkham's smoked Lancashire cheese, grated
For the batter
- flour, for rolling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- polenta, for rolling
For the pur'e
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 splashes white wine
- 300 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
1. For the rissoles: in a large bowl combine all the rissole ingredients and mould into cakes with your hands.
2. For the batter: dip the moulded cakes into the flour, then the egg and then the polenta and shallow fry in small batches for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper
3. For the purée: fry the shallots until soft, then add the wine, and reduce right down.
4. Leave to cool a little, then liquidise with the peas (pulse so they still have a little shape) and crème fraîche and mint.
5. Serve the rissoles with a spoonful of pea purée alongside.
Rate This Recipe