- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 115 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 150 ml milk
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and season with freshly ground pepper.
3. Add the Cheddar and apple and stir to combine.
4. In a jug, combine the milk and yogurt. Make a well in the centre of the Cheddar mixture and pour in the milk and yoghurt.
5. Mix until everything comes together to form a soft dough.
6. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and with your hands, gently push out to a rough rectangle approximately 4cm thick. Cut into 8 fang-like shapes.
7. Place the dough pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Serve warm with soup.
Rate This Recipe