- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr resting
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 15 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 30 ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 290 ml water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 rashersback bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 80 g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and water in a food processor. Blend to form a dough.
2. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large bowl and set aside to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add in the bacon and onion and fry gently until cooked through and softened. Set aside to cool.
5. Mix the fried bacon mixture into the dough along with the grated cheese.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
7. Divide the dough into three even-sized portions and shape into balls.
8. Roll out each dough ball into a rough oval, 0.5cm thick.
9. Cut several slashes in each oval and brush with olive oil.
10. Place the loaves on greased baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe