- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml single cream
- 250 ml milk
- 200 g fontina cheese, grated
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- black pepper
1. Peel the pumpkin and cut into 2.5cm chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the pumpkin and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, until the pumpkin is nicely softened. Add the cream and heat the mixture thoroughly, then transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth.
3. Pour the milk into a saucepan, bring to the boil and add the cheese.
4. Place the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk half of the milk into the eggs until blended. Return the mixture back into the pan and stir constantly until it thickens.
5. Serve the soup with the cheese sauce drizzled over it.
Rate This Recipe