- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 30 g butter, melted
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 55 g wensleydale cheese, finely sliced
- 85 g tinned cherries, in syrup
- 55 ml double cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- cocoa powder, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 240°C/gas 9.
2. Take 2 small dariole moulds and brush with melted butter. Push a sheet of filo pastry into each mould and trim the filo, leaving 3cm to drape over the sides of each mould.
3. Brush the filo with melted butter and par-bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven, leaving the oven on.
4. Divide the Wensleydale cheese between the moulds and then spoon the cherries on top.
5. Meanwhile, gently heat the cream in a small, heavy-based saucepan. Once the cream is hot, but not boiling, remove it from the heat and gradually whisk in the beaten egg, forming a custard.
6. Spoon the custard over the cherries.
7. Bake the filled puddings in the oven for 4 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and the custard has set.
8. Remove the puddings from the oven and gently lift them out from the moulds.
9. Place each pudding on a serving plate, dust with cocoa and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe