- Serves: makes 2 loaves
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr 30 mins rising
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 15 g salt
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 80 g sugar
- 80 g butter
- 260 ml water
- 80 g sultanas
- 50 g walnuts
- 80 g morello cherries, pitted
- 50 g blanched flaked almonds, to top
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, sugar, butter and water into a soft pliable dough.
2. Turn onto a clean work-surface and knead for three to four minutes. Add the cherries, sultanas and walnuts and knead for a further three to four minutes.
3. Set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough out into a sausage shape and then twist into a knot.
5. Cover with the flaked almonds and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
6. Set aside to rise for another hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
8. Bake the cherry bread for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe