- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tbsp kirsch
- 1 kg fresh cherries, stones removed
1. Heat the milk and vanilla pod until almost simmering.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and half of the sugar together in a bowl. Add the flour to make a paste. Pour over the hot milk and stir to mix. Return to the heat and stir constantly until thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks, then start adding the remaining sugar bit by bit, whisking until they are thick and glossy.
4. Loosen the creamy mixture with the kirsch, then fold in the egg whites.
5. Put the cherries in an ovenproof dish, then spoon over the mixture. Glaze under the grill until golden.
Rate This Recipe