- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 225 g cherries, stoned and halved
- 01 lemons, grated zest only
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 25 g stale breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, separated
- 50 ml double cream
- icing sugar, to dust
For the cherry sauce
- 400 g tinned cherries, in syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
1. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the cherries and the lemon zest.
2. Soften over a low heat for about 5 minutes until they start to break down. Add the sugar and cook for a further 5 minutes until it becomes syrupy. Toss in the breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg yolks to the cream and then pour over the cherry mixture. Stir in gently with a spoon, making sure it incorporates well.
4. Whisk up the egg whites lightly and fold them into the mixture, maintaining it over a gentle heat. Cook slowly for about 20 minutes until it is set.
5. For the easy cherry sauce, heat the cherry pie filling in a saucepan with the water and add the cherry brandy.
6. Spoon the tansy onto a plate and serve with the warm sauce.
Rate This Recipe