- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml olive oil
- 250 g onions, finely chopped
- 150 g large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprigs thyme, leaves chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tsp sugar
- 75 g tomato purée
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, shallot, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened but not coloured.
2. Pour in the wine and bubble until almost all the liquid has gone.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes and the sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring now and again.
4. Add the tomato puree and cook for another 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken and reduce. Taste for seasoning before serving.
Rate This Recipe