- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 bunches dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunches chervil, roughly chopped
- 150 ml olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, hollowed out with tops
- 500 g cooked, peeled Atlantic prawns
1. Crack the egg into the bowl of a food processor, add the lemon juice and mustard and season with salt and pepper, pulse once or twice to blend. Add the herbs and pulse again.
2. Turn the processor on and, with the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream through the top of the lid. After a minute or two, the mixture will change consistency as it blends and will emulsify into a thick, rich mayonnaise. Stop adding oil when the mayonnaise has reached the desired consistency (you may not need to use all the oil). If the mayonnaise is too thick, you can thin with a little bit of water.
3. Cut a thin slice off the tops of the tomatoes to create a lid, and with a teaspoon carefully hollow them out, discarding the pips and flesh. Pile the prawns inside of the tomatoes, drizzle over the mayo and place the lid on top.
Rate This Recipe