- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large butternut squash, halved, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the butternut squash in a large roasting tin with the onion and garlic.
2. Add the rosemary, a pinch of salt and pepper and olive oil, toss together and roast for around 25 minutes until golden and softened.
3. Place in a blender with the chestnuts and any roasting juices from the pan. Blitz, adding the stock a little at a time, until smooth.
4. Tip into a saucepan, add the remaining stock if necessary and bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Season to taste and serve with a drizzle of cream or dollop of creme fraiche.
Rate This Recipe