- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter, plus a small amount for the second omelette
- 115 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 100 ml yogurt, such as Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, plus a few extra for serving
Tips and Suggestions
If using a large frying pan, all the egg mixture can be poured into the pan, cooking as above and placing all the mushrooms into the centre. Once cooked, the omelette can be cut in half to make two servings.
1. Melt the butter in an omelette pan over a gentle heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tinged with brown and slightly crispy, remove onto a plate.
2. Meanwhile beat together the eggs, yogurt, chives, water and seasoning.
3. Pour half the egg mixture into the hot omelette pan, when the egg is beginning to set fork up to make ruffles in the mixture. When the mixture is just set on the top and lightly brown beneath add half the mushrooms and any added extras if desired. Flip over the top and cook a further minute.
4. Make the second omelette by adding a small knob of butter to the pan; add the remaining egg mixture placing the reserved mushrooms in the centre.
5. Serve with grilled tomatoes on the vine and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Rate This Recipe