- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- bunch of young thyme, chopped
- 150 g pancetta or bacon
- 200 g peeled, cooked chestnuts
- 750 ml pork, vegetable or chicken stock
- black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add in the onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic and fry gently, stirring often, until the onion is translucent.
3. Add in the thyme, then the pancetta Fry, stirring now and then, until the pancetta begins to colour.
4. Mix in the chestnuts and fry, stirring now and then, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the stock and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the temperature and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
6. Using a jug or hand blender, blend the soup until smoot, then reheat before serving.
7. Serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe