- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 800g canned chickpeas, drained
- 5-6 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3-4 clove garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 lemons
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of paprika
- hot pitta bread
1. Place the chick peas into a food processor with the tahini, cumin, paprika, garlic and lemon juice.
2. Add half of the olive oil and blitz to a smooth puree.
3. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl and add the remaining olive oil.
4. Blitz the mixture again and turn the hummus into a serving bowl.
5. Just before serving, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Serve with very hot pitta bread.
Rate This Recipe