- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, skin removed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- 200 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil, for cooking
- mixed salad, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
As parmesan and prosciutto are high in salt, try using less and not adding salt to the breadcrumbs. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Make a slit down the centre of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
2. Lay a slice of prosciutto in each pocket followed by a slice of mozzarella then another slice of prosciutto on top.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together and season generously with salt and black pepper.
4. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
5. Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg and then press into the parmesan crumb mixture to completely coat.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden.
7. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked though.
8. Remove from the oven and rest for 3 minutes before carving into thick slices.
9. Serve with a mixed salad.
Rate This Recipe