- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 x 125 g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 5 cm ginger, peeled, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp demerara sugar, or light brown sugar
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, shredded
- 250 g bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp almonds
1. Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
2. Combine the cornflour, egg whites, soy sauce and pepper. Stir until smooth before mixing with the chicken strips.
3. Heat a wok or large frying pan, and add the oil, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 20-30 seconds, until you catch a whiff of toasted ginger and garlic.
4. Add the chicken to the pan and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the oyster sauce, sherry and sugar, and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the carrots and spring onions and cook briskly for another 2 minutes.
6. Scatter over the bean sprouts, reheat and adjust the seasoning. Sprinkle with almond slivers and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe