- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time:
- Effort: easy
For the pesto
- 3 large handfuls basil, roughly torn
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- handfuls pine kernels
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the terrine
- 3 red peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 16 slices Parma ham
- 6 chicken breasts
For the red pepper dressing
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- handfuls radicchio
- handfuls rocket
1. To make the pesto, put the basil, garlic, Parmesan, pine kernels, olive oil, together in a blender, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Put the peppers into an oven tray, drizzle with oil and cook for 30 minutes until soft and charred.
3. Remove from the oven and place in a plastic bag to cool. Peel the peppers and remove the cores and seeds, then cut into strips.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4. Line a terrine mould with food wrap, before lining it with Parma ham.
5. Slice the chicken lengthways into fairly thick slices, and arrange a layer over the ham. Cover the chicken with some pesto and add a few strips of pepper.
6. Repeat this process until you have filled the terrine mould (this will usually be about 3 layers). Place the lid on the terrine mould and stand it in a roasting tin filled with water. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, press with a heavy weight, then leave to cool and chill overnight.
8. To make the red pepper dressing, put the pepper, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor and whiz until smooth.
9. Cut the terrine into slices and serve with the salad and red pepper dressing and wedges of crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe