- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the chicken mousse
- 350 g chicken breasts, skin removed and diced
- 1 egg white
- 425 ml double cream
- 110 g Binham blue cheese, broken into 1cm pieces
For the tomato butter sauce
- 450 g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- sautéed spinach
1. For the chicken mousse: to make the chicken mousse, puree the chicken breast meat in a food processor. With a spatula push the mixture back towards the blades, add the egg white and process again. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Slowly pour the double cream into the chicken mixture, beating carefully with a spatula, until you reach a dropping consistency. Fold in the pieces of blue cheese, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Lay out eight pieces of cling film, about 25cm square, on a flat surface and using a large spoon divide the mousse mixture evenly into the centre of each square. Bring the 4 corners of each piece of cling film together, wrap up tightly and tie a knot as close to the mousse as possible, making a tight ball. Leave to chill in the fridge until needed.
4. When ready to cook, take the cling film-wrapped balls out of the fridge, place in a steamer and steam gently for about 20 minutes until reasonably firm to the touch. Remove from the steamer and, with scissors, cut the cling film to release the mousse into the centre of a serving plate.
5. For the tomato butter sauce: take half of the tomatoes, quarter them, remove the seeds and put in a food processor.
6. Take the remaining tomatoes, quarter them, but this time do not remove the seeds. Add these to the food processor and blend thoroughly. Push the pureed tomatoes through a fine sieve.
7. To finish the sauce, warm in a saucepan over a low heat, whisk in the butter and sugar, and season to taste.
8. Serve the chicken mousse with the sautéed spinach and a drizzle of the tomato butter sauce.
Rate This Recipe