- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 75 ml white wine
- 250 ml double cream
- 125 g ham, chopped
- 200 g grated chilli cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the sliced chicken breasts. Fry for 4-6 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place the pan back on the heat, then add the onion and mushrooms and season, to taste. Fry gently for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the green chilli and pour in the white wine and the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the liquid has reduced by half.
4. Put the chicken back into the pan and pour in the double cream and stir in the ham. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted. Add the lemon juice at last minute and stir well.
5. Add the spaghetti into the pan and stir well to coat, then pile onto plates and serve.
Rate This Recipe