- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 duck breast
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- ½ star anise, crushed
- ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 50 g walnuts
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cooked beetroot, diced
- 100 g watercress
1. Remove the skin from the duck breast and slice thinly. Cut the chicken and duck meat into thin slices and set aside.
2. Mix the star anise and garlic in a bowl with the olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Toast the walnuts and chilli flakes in a dry frying pan until aromatic. Set aside.
4. Heat two frying pans and add 1 tablespoon of oil to each. Add the duck skin to one pan and fry until golden brown and crisp. Meanwhile, fry the duck and chicken meat in the other pan until golden brown and cooked through. Drain the skin and meat on kitchen paper.
5. To serve, toss the watercress and beetroot together and drizzle with some of the star anise dressing. Divide the salad between two serving plates. Scatter over the toasted walnuts and chilli, followed by the cooked chicken and duck slivers. Garnish each salad with the crisp duck crackling and drizzle over more of the dressing.
Rate This Recipe