- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 small chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 750 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 wedges honeydew melons
- 50 g rocket
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper
1. Place the chicken fillets in a frying pan. Add the stock and place over a moderate heat. Bring the liquid to just under simmering point and leave to cook gently for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Do not let the liquid boil or it will toughen the chicken.
2. Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Adjust the seasoning to taste and set aside.
3. When the chicken is done, remove it from the pan, blot dry with kitchen paper and set aside to cool.
4. Cut the melon into bite-sized cubes, removing the peel. Place in a salad bowl with the rocket leaves and toss briefly. Slice the cooked chicken and add to the salad bowl, using your hands to toss gently and distribute the pieces evenly.
5. Briefly re-whisk the dressing and pour it over the salad, again tossing gently. Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe