- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g diced chicken breasts
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tsp basil, leaves only
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1 x 410 g can mixed beans, such as cannelloni and borlotti
- freshly shaved parmesan, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Tips and Suggestions
Lightly brush the chicken, tomatoes and onion with olive oil before roasting, this way you will use less oil. For more information on healthy eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the chicken and tomatoes in a small roasting tin with the onion and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the basil, season and mix well to evenly coat the chicken.
2. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the tomatoes are beginning to burst and collapse. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, stir and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken and tomatoes from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before tipping into a large serving bowl, along with the spinach and beans.
4. Make the dressing by whisking together the ingredients together. Drizzle over the salad and toss until coated. Cover with shavings of parmesan and serve.
Rate This Recipe