- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g medium egg noodles or dried yellow shi wheatflour noodles
- dash toasted sesame oil
- 300 g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- dash dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1-2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1 large spring onion, shredded
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain, then rinse under cold running water and drain again. Drizzle with a dash of sesame oil and toss through ' this stops the noodles from sticking to each other.
2. Put the chicken strips in a bowl, season with a dash of dark soy sauce, and add the five spice powder and chilli sauce. Mix well, then lightly dust the chicken strips with cornflour.
3. Heat a wok over a high heat until very hot and add the groundnut oil followed by the chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the red pepper and shitake mushrooms and stir fry for one minute, then add the bean sprouts and spring onion and continue cooking for another 30 seconds. Stir in the cooked noodles and season with light soy sauce, a dash of toasted sesame oil and freshly ground black pepper.
Rate This Recipe