- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into chunks
- black pepper
- 100 g lardons of bacon
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 500 ml full-fat milk
- 500 ml single cream
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- crusty bread rolls, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the onion, chicken and pumpkin and fry, stirring often, until the chicken is whitened.
2. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and add in the bacon lardons, frying for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the pumpkin is tender but not falling apart.
4. Mix the milk and cream together and combine with the cornflour.
5. Pour the milk mixture into the pumpkin mixture and simmer for 10 minutes until hot and thick.
6. Pour the soup into a hollowed-out pumpkin or large serving bowl. Sprinkle with chives and serve with crusty bread rolls.
Rate This Recipe