- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- black pepper
- 100 g cavolo nero, (Italian black cabbage)
- 15 g butter
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned and boned-out
For the curry sauce:
- 40 g butter
- 100 g carrots, diced
- 100 g celery, diced
- 100 g leeks, diced
- 100 g onions, diced
- 30 g mild curry powder, (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 100 ml white wine
- 50 g fresh or tinned diced pineapples
- 125 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. First make the curry sauce. Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion, carrot, celery and leek. Fry gently, stirring now and then, for 5-10 minutes until golden.
3. Mix in the curry powder, tomato paste and white wine and simmer gently, stirring now and then, for 20 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture and return to the saucepan. Add the pineapple and double cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
5. Puree the curry sauce in a jug blender or food processor until smooth. Gently reheat.
6. Meanwhile, heat half a tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan. Add the shiitake mushrooms and the garlic and fry, stirring now and then, for 3 minutes.
7. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the cavolo nero and blanch for 2-3 minutes; drain.
8. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the drained cavolo nero and stir-fry for 2 minutes over a high heat.
9. Flatten out the chicken thighs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Fill each chicken thigh with a mixture of the fried shiitake mushrooms and the cavolo nero. Roll each thigh up over the filling and fasten with a cocktail stick.
10. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken roulades and fry until golden on all sides.
11. Transfer the chicken roulades to a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
12. Serve the roasted roulades with the curry sauce.
Rate This Recipe