- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, mashed to a paste with a little salt
- 2 lime leaves, shredded
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 12 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2-3 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 225 g raw tiger prawns, de-veined
- 225 g Thai pea aubergine
- 4 tbsp basil
- 25 ml fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- boiled rice, to serve
- sprigs coriander, to garnish
1. Peel the tough outer coating from the lemon grass stalk. Finely chop the white, bulbous part of each stalk, discarding the rest. In a casserole dish fry the green curry paste in vegetable oil over a high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic, lemon grass, lime leaves and half the coconut milk and cook, stirring often, until the sauce starts to split, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in fresh coriander, chicken and chilli and simmer for 15 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add prawns and pea aubergines and cook for further 2 minutes or until the prawns have turned a pink colour.
3. Just before serving fold in the basil leaves, fish sauce and lime juice. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe