- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 kg chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 125 ml olive oil
- 350 g aubergines
- 225 g red peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 x 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 175 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes or so, until golden. Season and remove from the pan.
3. Heat the rest of the oil and cook the aubergine until golden. Add the peppers and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and wine.
5. Return the chicken to the pan and check the seasoning. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 1 hour. Remove the lid and cook for a further 15 minutes or so, until the liquor has thickened.
6. Stir in the herbs, cook for a further 5 minutes and serve.
Rate This Recipe