- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bread rolls
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 rashers of good quality smoky bacon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Juice of half a lemons
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ of a cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 handfuls rocket, or mixed leaf lettuce
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch of chives
- A large handful of freshly grated parmesan
- aioli, see cook's tip
Tips and Suggestions
Use shop bought or see our easy aioli recipe to make your own.
1. Cut chicken breast horizontally. Bash the chicken breast into thin schnitzels.
2. To make the coleslaw: combine the cabbage and carrots. Add parsley and chives and 2 tablespoons of aioli.
3. For the chicken: season with lemon, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Once the chicken has started to cook add the rashers of bacon until crispy and golden.
4. To assemble the BLT, thinly coat the Turkish bread with aioli, add a piece of the chicken and bacon, tomato and rocket, followed by some freshly grated parmesan and a spoonful of the coleslaw.
Rate This Recipe