- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 asparagus
- 250 g broad beans
- 200 g peas
- 4 x 175 g chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 1 bunches savory, leaves picked from the stalks, chopped
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 4 tinned artichoke hearts, halved
- 80 g unsalted butter
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 225C/gas 7. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, and blanch the asparagus, broad beans and peas for 2-3 minutes. Tip into a colander, drain, and refresh with cold running water. Leave on one side.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large ovenproof frying pan, and fry the chicken, skin side down over a medium heat, for 4-5 minutes, until golden.
3. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the chicken for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the lemon juice and place the pan back on the stove over a moderate heat.
4. Boil the juice down until reduced by about three-quarters - this should take about 1-2 minutes. Turn the chicken in the lemon juice and transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Combine the lemon zest and savory. Once the chicken has rested, remove from the pan and roll each breast in the lemon zest and savory mixture. Leave on one side.
6. Return the pan with the lemon juice back on the heat. Add the chicken stock and stir well to lift any sediment from the bottom of the pan. Cook down until reduced by half.
7. Add the artichoke halves, asparagus, broad beans and peas to the pan. Warm through, before stirring in the unsalted butter. Season well and turn off the heat.
8. Slice each chicken breast into 4 pieces and arrange on a large serving platter. Spoon over the vegetables, and pour over any juices from the pan.
Rate This Recipe