- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- 2x175 g skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- salt and black pepper
For the green herb oil
- large handful mixed herbs, such as parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the mash and leeks
- 3 large potatoes, baked in their jackets for 1 hour 30 minutes
- 25 g butter
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tbsp clotted cream
- purple sprouting broccoli, to serve
1. For the chicken: put each chicken breast between two layers of greaseproof paper or cling film and beat with a rolling pin until flattened and twice their original size.
2. Season lightly with salt and more generously with freshly ground pepper.
3. Combine the olive oil, herbs and lemon zest and rub gently into the chicken. Place the chicken breasts into a large sealable plastic bag and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. For the green herb oil: blend all the ingredients together in the food processor until combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the frying pan or griddle over a medium heat and cook the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness) until cooked.
6. For the mash and leeks: heat the butter in a small frying pan and gently cook the sliced leek for a few minutes until softened.
7. Scoop out the cooked potato from the skins and mix with the cooked leeks and clotted cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Put the chicken on warm serving plates and pour over the green herb oil. Serve with the mashed potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli.
Rate This Recipe