- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml water, plus extra if needed
- 200g canned borlotti beans, drained
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 2 chicken breast fillets, (the best your budget will allow)
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 8 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked from the stalks
For the tapenade:
- 100 g black olives, stones removed
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60 ml olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Place the onion, garlic, red and yellow peppers in a casserole dish.
3. Add in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the water. Cover and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. If they start to stick at all, just add in a little more water.
4. Stir in the borlotti beans and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Slice the chicken breast fillets down the centre lengthways, but not all the way through. Open them out so that you have one large flat piece from each fillet. Season them with the remaining olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Put the chicken on top of the borlotti bean mixture and transfer the casserole to the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes.
7. While the chicken is cooking make the tapenade. In a food processor, blend together the olives, capers, garlic and olive oil to a rough paste. Set aside.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, spread each portion with the tapenade, sprinkle over the lemon zest and juice and thyme and serve at once with the borlotti bean mixture.
Rate This Recipe