- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g pine kernels
- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 2 boneless chicken thighs, skinned
- 40 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/8-1/4 tsp dried red chilli flakes, or to taste
- flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- salad, to serve
1. Place a frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
2. Slice the chicken breast and thigh fillets and place in a food processor. Process until well chopped. Add the pine nuts, spinach, chilli flakes, a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Process until well minced and thoroughly blended.
3. Divide the mixture into four equal batches and shape into burgers, dusting them with flour to prevent sticking.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the burgers and fry until golden brown on each side. Serve hot or cold with salad.
Rate This Recipe