- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 romaine lettuce
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 100 g fried bread or prepared croutons
For the dressing
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- 2 fresh tinned anchovies, in oil drained
- tsp capers, in brine drained
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 dashes of tabasco
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Tips and Suggestions
you can make your own croutons by cutting bread into small cubes and frying them lightly in butter or oil until crisp and golden-brown. Alternatively coat them in butter or oil and oven-bake until dry.
Made with produce from Landinabo Farm Shop - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and add the chicken breasts (you may need to do this in two batches if your frying pan isn't large enough for all four breasts).
2. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are nicely browned on the outside and cooked all the way through - the juices should run clear when the meat is pierced with a skewer. When cooked, set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes, before slicing.
3. For the dressing: blend together all the dressing ingredients with a dash of water in a food processor or blender.
4. Arrange the lettuce on a plate, scatter over the croutons and parmesan, top with the sliced chicken and drizzle over the dressing.
Rate This Recipe