- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins - 1 hr marintaing
- Effort: easy
- 4 chicken joints
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- a few pinches of ground cardamom
- a few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp clarified butter, (ghee)
- a few pinches of salt
- 2-3 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 block of khoya (dried reduced milk), grated
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 5-6 whole green chillies
- a small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the garlic and ginger pastes, cardamom and pepper. Mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat a deep, heavy-based frying pan. Add the clarified butter and cook until melted. Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
3. Add the salt, yoghurt and khoya.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes briskly, stirring often, until the sauce has reduced and thickened, then lower the heat.
5. Add the coconut milk and stir well. Simmer for a few minutes, then cover with a lid. Reduce to a very low heat.
6. Poke the chilies with a fork and add them to the chicken curry. Add the coriander and mix well.
7. Simmer for a further 10 minutes and then serve.
Rate This Recipe