- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus at least 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
To check the chicken is cooked through, insert a fork into the thickest part of the drumstick and ensure that there is no more pink meat and the juices run clear
1. Using a sharp knife, make a few slashes, about 5mm deep, through the thicker parts of the chicken and place in a dish.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Using your hands or a brush, rub this marinade all over the chicken drumsticks. Cover and transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 or light a barbecue.
4. Place the chicken on a baking tray and roast for 40 minutes or 15-20 minutes turning constantly on a barbecue, until cooked through and lightly charred in places.
Are you a fan of this recipe? Then you'll love all of our chicken recipes.
Rate This Recipe