- Serves: 1
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 1/2 links Leon cooking chorizo
- 50 g soft strong goats' cheese
- 5 g toasted pine kernels
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, unpeeled and cut in half
- 1 small leek, trimmed
- 1/2 raw beetroot
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 bulbs garlic
- 1 corn-fed chicken breast supreme
- 140 ml dry white wine
- 140 ml good chicken stock
- 25 g unsalted butter, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Put the chorizo on a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to release their oil. Allow to cool briefly, but leave the oven on.
2. Transfer the chorizo to a blender and add the goats' cheese and pine nuts. Blend to a smooth paste and set aside (do not refrigerate).
3. On the stovetop, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in an ovenproof pan. Add the vegetables, herbs and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, turning, until the vegetables are browned. Transfer to the hot oven to roast, turning regularly, until tender.
4. Scrape clean the winglet bone of the chicken supreme. Using a sharp pointed knife, make an insertion lengthways at the side of each breast to form a pocket.
5. Place the chorizo and goats' cheese mixture in a piping bag and pipe it into the pocket in the supreme.
6. On the stovetop, heat an ovenproof pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the supremes and sear on each side until browned. Transfer to the hot oven and cook for 15-18 minutes. When it is done, season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
7. In the pan used for the chicken, pour away any excess oil and return to the stovetop. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, stirring to incorporate the caramelised cooking juices. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and boil vigorously until the volume of liquid has reduced by half.
8. Gradually whisk in the diced butter so that the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve.
9. Arrange the roasted vegetables on two serving plates. Slice each supreme into three pieces at an angle. Arrange the chicken on the vegetables and pour the sauce around the sides.
Rate This Recipe