- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- 100 g chicken, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, such as Blue Dragon
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce, such as Blue Dragon
- 20 leaves Thai basil, (optional see Cooks tip)
- 225 g cooked rice
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- ½ red or yellow peppers, cut into thin slices
Tips and Suggestions
If you cant get your hands on Thai basil use some freshly chopped coriander instead.
1. In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil until hot. Add the garlic and fry until golden brown. Stir in the chillies and chicken. Add the fish sauce, sugar and light soy sauce and stir fry over a high heat until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Toss in the basil leaves if using, followed by the cooked rice and mix gently together. Add the onion and sweet pepper and stir quickly to mix. Cook until the rice has heated through, then turn on to a serving dish.
Rate This Recipe