- Serves: Serves 2 as a main course, 4 with other dishes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely sliced
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- dashes of sesame oil
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- boiled rice, to serve
1. In a large bowl mix together the oyster sauce, rice wine, soy sauce and cornflour. Add the chicken and ginger, mixing well, and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat a wok until hot. Add the vegetable oil and heat through. Add the marinated chicken and shitake mushrooms. Stir-fry briefly with a dash of sesame seed oil.
3. Add the stock and stir-fry over high heat until the chicken is cooked through. Toss in the chilli and spring onion.
4. Serve at once with rice.
Rate This Recipe