- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 baking potato, peeled and finely grated
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- a few pinches of cornflour
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 leaves basil
- 120 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 120 g breadcrumbs
- a few salad leaves, to decorate
1. Squeeze the potato to remove any excess water and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the corn flour.
2. Using a bird's nest sieve, make the potatoes into little baskets. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer and fry the potato baskets for about 3 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
3. Mix the strips of chicken with the cayenne, garlic and basil.
4. Mix together the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Cover the chicken strips in this mixture. Deep-fry until golden.
5. Arrange the salad leaves in the baskets. Put the chicken on top and serve.
Rate This Recipe