- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 carrots
- 200 g new potatoes
- 1 bulbs fennel
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunches parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 225 g chicken breasts, skin on, halved
- 4 rashers smoked bacon, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper
1. Cut the carrots into bite-sized baton, the potatoes into 2cm thick slices, and the fennel, onion and leek into chunks.
2. Half-fill a large saucepan with water and bring it to the boil. Put all the vegetables, sliced garlic, olive oil and parsley into the pan and cook gently for 15 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and bacon to the pan and poach for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
4. Remove all the ingredients from the pot and arrange in a deep bowl. Bring the stock back to a simmer - crack the eggs into the liquid and poach, until the yolks are barely set. Remove the eggs from the poaching liquor.
5. Ladle the stock out of the pot and serve with the chicken, bacon and poached eggs.
Rate This Recipe