- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml sparkling wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves
- black pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 25 g butter
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 1 small bunch basil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Place the chicken fillets in a large ovenproof dish. Toss with olive oil. Add the sparkling wine, lemon juice, lemon halves and garlic cloves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes to the chicken dish. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
4. Mash the potatoes with the butter and cream until smooth. Mix in the basil. Season with freshly ground pepper.
5. Serve the chicken dish warm from the oven with the basil mash.
Rate This Recipe