- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
For the marinade:
- 1 large sprig of tarragon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the chicken thighs into chunks - about 2.5-3.5 cm and then set aside.
2. Make the marinade. Strip the leaves from the tarragon and place them in a mortar with the roughly chopped chilli. Add the garlic, a generous pinch of salt, a grinding of pepper and pound everything to a paste with a pestle (alternatively use a food processor).
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon of smoked pimenton (this adds a lovely smoky flavour to the marinade). Add the tomato puree, balsamic or sherry vinegar and olive oil. Stir thoroughly and pour over the chicken. Leave the chicken to marinate until ready to cook.
4. Preheat a grill and line a grill pan with silver foil. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe