- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into sticks
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small bunches coriander, leaves picked
- 1 small bunches mint, leaves picked
- 8 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 pitta bread
- chilli sauce
For the avocado
- 1 avocado
- lime juice, to taste
For the mayonnaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp English mustard
- 250 ml vegetable oil
1. Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook under the grill or on a griddle pan until cooked through and nicely charred the juices from the middle should run clear.
2. Meanwhile, arrange the vegetables and herbs on a glass platter.
3. For the avocado: mash with a fork and season with salt and lime juice to taste.
4. For the mayonnaise: beat the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard together. Add the oil very slowly, whisking all the time to create a thick emulsion. Add a drop of water if it gets too thick. Season.
5. Shred the chicken and put on the plate with the vegetables. Grill the pitta breads and wrap in a napkin to keep warm. Put the avocado, mayonnaise and chilli sauce in small bowls.
6. Assemble your own kebabs at the table, stuffing the meat, vegetables and sauces into the hot pitta breads.
Rate This Recipe