- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2.5-3.5 cm pieces
- lemon wedges, to serve
For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic
- leaves of 1 large sprig tarragon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the marinade, pound the garlic, tarragon leaves, chilli and a couple of big pinches of salt to a rough paste in a mortar. Now work in the paprika, tomato purée, vinegar, olive oil, a little extra salt and a few grindings of black pepper.
2. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces, and turn to coat each piece. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 24 hours. Allow to come to room temperature for about 1 hour before cooking.
3. Thoroughly preheat the grill. Thread the chicken pieces onto eight skewers.
4. Cook for about 9-10 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked through. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe